Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rambling On

I've tried to post the picture for our wonderful sock exchange about a jillion times and it's NOT WORKING! Sorry gals, and guys?, no picture for you. I will try to explain the button so you can get a nice mental image. HA! Picture eight skeins of Koigu with the words "Holiday Knits Sox Exchange" running over them. And a fuzzy little head down on the bottom right side. I'm guessing that's one of Ariane's little munchikins. Can you see it?

Enough about that. I'm having a crazy whacked out day. Things don't make sense. Here, look at my list...
1. I can't post a frickin' picture to my frickin' blog.
2. We are working on tornadoes here. Tornadoes happen in the spring, not November!
3. These damn websites keep making the minimum number of characters for a password longer! Dammit, don't they know I use the same password for everything and it is only 6 characters long and I don't have time to try to remember anything else!
4. The Man said he cleaned the toilet. NOT! He wiped the seat off with a Clorox clean-up wipe. Meanwhile, I cleaned the nasty ring of crud from inside the toilet. We've been married 9 years and he's never cleaned the inside of the toilet.
5. My dog is totally freaking out over above mentioned toilet. She stood and growled and barked at the thing for a good 30 minutes and is now currently standing guard over it right now. Like, since it's finally clean, it's going to sprout legs and run away.
6. I made a list.

On the bright side, I ordered my sock yarn for my sock pal today. I'm so excited to get started! I told The Man about this little adventure and he laughed at me! He said, "You can't finish anything for your family, why do you think you can knit something fo a perfect stranger?" Duh! My family knows not to expect much from me, but with a stranger I have to keep up appearances! There's a lot more pressure when it's someone you don't know. It's like trying to impress a blind date. You try to be as courteous and prompt as possible, otherwise they'll find out what a loser you are. Your family has already found out, so you don't work as hard for them. (And by "hard", I mean fast.) Anyway, I'm excited, and that's half the battle.

I also ordered some yarn from Insubordiknit. It's called Shark Attack. It's greenish-blue with little gorey puffs of red fluff mixed in. I was thinking gauntlets, but now maybe I'm leaning towards a hat. I swatched it up and can't quite decide. I'll think a little bit and get back at ya.

It is now time for the kidlets to go to bed. I'm waiting for the usual protests, but at the last warning bell Aidan said "okay". Wow, talk about knock me over. He must be tired, as am I.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh, i can't wait to see what you make!

as for my toilet, same story here. it's like i'm the only one that knows that there's an inside, both for cleaning and actually getting the pee into. yikes!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home