Wednesday, September 21, 2005

E.A.A.

...Hello, my name is Stefanie, and I'm an E-bay Addict. I never realized it was a problem until I hit bottom last week. Generally, I just browse the aisles, resisting the urge to click that buy-it-now button. And even when I do see an item, I play it cool. I'll bid a low amount as my maximum bid and if I lose, I lose. Not last week. The first step in my spiral downward was that I bid on something that ended while I was at work, where we just got high-speed internet access. I broke the cardinal sin- I played e-bay while I was at work. This is not the worst. I then proceeded to play bid and out-bid with some other E-bay addict up until the very last 2 minutes. I had the adrenaline pumping and my finger clicking that refresh button every 30 seconds! This turned my $.99 bargain into a $9.78 okay deal. But it wasn't like this was a one-of-a-kind item that I just had to have. It was the rush of the whole thing. The clicking to see if I was still on top. Man, I'm a fool. How could I have thought E-bay was harmless all this time? It's the crack of the internet. Yikes!
And what did I buy that was worth plunging into the perils of this realm? Yarn. Didn't you expect it to be feeding my other addiction? One skein of Lorna's Laces Angel Angora. I have no idea what I will do with only one skein, but it's mine. Dammit! Mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home