Thursday, September 08, 2005

Am I crazy?

So, now that I have purged the political demons for a week or so, I have turned much attention back to knittting pursuits. They say men think about sex every 3 minutes (or something like that), but I think about knitting! I dreamt of knitting last night. Charts and yarn and patterns danced through my head all night long. I need to buy a new purse, and I found myself judging them by how big of a project I can stuff inside. I feel like if I could only learn to type with my feet so my hands can be busy knitting, or learn to read a book while reading a pattern, I would be an abundantly happy person. This said, I don't need any help with excuses for stash building, but The Man decided to give me some. Admittedly, this was not on purpose. We (I) have a huge disorganized mess in our bedroom. Because it is a very large room (20x35 ft.), and our house has no real storage (it was built in 1900, before people needed closets), and it has a door that we can shut, it has become the dumping ground of all my future, current, past projects. Whenever we are having company, it all gets scurried away into our room and the door is shut on our horrid little secret. Now, I know this is a problem, and I have been working on it, but the solution is NOT to shove everything in a huge box and stick it in the attic. This is what I came home to one day. Hello!!!! I said, "You know, the best way to get me to buy more yarn is to hide the stuff I already have at the bottom of a box!" Well, he got the point and I've been working alone ever since. There are good moments and bad moments to that arrangement. I have made real progress, but I was also forced to mutter the words..."I promise, I won't start a new project until our room is clean". Oy! But, because of my knitting ADD, I have plenty of already started projects to keep me going. Like these...

This is cute bolero that I'm knitting in purple. I'm using Berroco Softwist and it's turning out well. The pieces need blocked before I can take a picture of them because the rrrrooooollllllll. A lot.


This is a baby blanket that is officially my longest running work in progress. I started it two years ago. Amazingly, my gauge is not terribly altered over the work period. Talk about endless knitting.


And this is baby Katie's cardi. Mostly done. Didn't like the garter stitch one, so I went back to a good old basic stockinette raglan. I was thinking of adding some duplicate stitch embellishments like flowers, but I'm kinda likin' the simplicity of it. But it definitely needs a hat.


And last, but not least, the Lacey Wave Shawl (is that the name?) from th Fall Vogue knitting. I am done with the body of it, partly because I only knit 58 inches instead of 64. Hey, that's taller than I am! Plus, I still need to add the borders, so that will add another 6-8 inches I think. Long enough anyways.

Well that all the adventures for now. Toodles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo, I'm making that shawl, too! Mine's orange. :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home