Monday, October 31, 2005

It Lives

Yes, I am here and I'm alive. Still doing battle with the evil little germies in my urinary tract- yech! At least I am feeling better enough that I have been, tada!, knitting. Oh that wonderful addiction that I had pushed to the side for too long. How long was I away from you, dear friend? A week, two? More?!? Well, it was far too long. I have been working on a chemo cap for my friend who started chemo at the beginning of October. I'm using Shine from KnitPicks, and the free pattern is from them too. I love the yarn and I'm glad I won't have to worry about any animal stuff buggin' my buddy. You never know if the chemo will turn them extra super sensitive or not. I am not so crazy about the pattern though. I love the shape and the fact that it is a little oversized, but I don't like the way they have you do the short rows. It could be me, but man, HUGE holes. I've done short rows before and had no holes, what's with the holes? I did the wrapping like the pattern said, what's up? Of course, it could have been the heavy medication I've been on. Nothing like a little to dope to screw up a pattern, HA! Oh well, I'll fix it later. I've also been working on a new hat for Abbey. The moths got to her old one. I have cedar in our closets, but since hers didn't have any clothes in it, her closet had no cedar. Ooops. It's okay, her old hat really didn't match her new coat anyway. I'm using Knit One, Crochet Too wool that stripes like Noro, but I can't remember the name. I'll blame the drugs. What a convenient excuse! Well TTFN- Ta-Ta For Now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home