Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sickitty-sick-sick chick

Well I obviously have not posted in a while. I have been sick. And not just a little sick, but BIG SICK. It started with a bladder infection. No big deal, give me some antibiotics and that stuff that makes you pee orange and I'll be okay, right? Not if the bug that's working it's way around my urinary tract is on steroids! In general, I don't fair well with these things cause I'm allergic to about every antibiotic they would normally give in this situation. They also tend to make my lupus crap flare up. Fever, joint pain, fatigue, etc. So when I didn't get better right away, I waited for the antibiotics to work their voodoo a little bit longer. Shouldn't have done that. I ran a fever for three days and still drug my stupid ass to work. When my back started to hurt so bad that I couldn't stand up straight, I thought I'd go to the doctor on my day off. Didn't make it that far. I finally admitted that I needed to go when I couldn't stand up. Whoa- massive kidney infection. Dumb, dumb, dumb. So I got a shot, some new antibiotics and vicodin for pain. Holy cow, he gave me vicodin for pain. Too bad it makes me so nauseous I can only take it at bedtime. Anyhoo, enough complaining. I have not knit a stitch since this started. (You know I'm sick when that happens.) But I have not dropped off the face of the blog-i-sphere. I'm trying to catch up and get some pics together of our adventures at the Yellow Springs Street Fair and other stuff that happened before the kidney attack. I'll post more soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home