Sunday, July 31, 2005

Knitting Forever, Housework Whenever

Unfortunately, I have no pictures. I have been knitting and spinning pretty steadily, but my husband(M) has commandeered the camera. The Senior PGA tour is here this week, and he and his stepdad have been snapping pictures relentlessly. M's not a big golf guy, but his stepdad is, and he didn't want to go by himself. M's idea of good golf is trying not to get too drunk to drive the golf cart and laughing at his buddies from the rough on the opposite side of the fairway. Not quite the hush-hush kind of golf you find at a Sr. PGA event.

My adult ADD is kicking in again. I have yet to finish my tank top, or my bunny, or crumpets, and yet I've started new objects. I've made a pair of UGLY socks out of clearance $1/ skein yarn. Evil Red Heart yarn. Something I would never normally use, but I've been trying to make socks for this person for ages, and I can't get the size right. And the ones I made are still too big in the ankles. Plus, (she says) she is allergic to wool. And she keeps picking out worsted weight yarn. And I just don't want to do it. Wah! Anyways, I think I've found the pattern, and I'll just knit the ankle on smaller needles, and change to bigger ones at the heel.

I've also started a new tank. I got some british knitting mags at Barnes and Noble and found a cute lace tank. I don't have the right yarn, so it's a bit more lacey than it should be, but pretty good so far.

The spinning front is so-so. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, since my yarns don't look like a big ball of twisted shit anymore. But I found out that I have been missing a huge step- the wetting and drying and setting the twist. I guess that's why it probably would have been helpful to get a book or something first. Although it probably wouldn't have helped because... I don't follow dirctions. I do, but I don't read through them completely before I follow them. Doesn't work so good that way. Well, life is all about learning from your mistakes, right?

Housework? Oh yeah. I have this thing with my back- don't worry, no complaining- and it has been driving me bonkers lately. It's a pinched nerve, or something. Well, I finally went to te doctor, and I finally have a dr. who listens, and he sent me to PT. The therapist was going over all the usual stuff when he asks if there's anything I like to do but can't anymore. I must have looked like WTF, cause he said, "like vaccuuming?". I'm sure he got a bigger WTF look. Who likes to vaccuum? I said, "well, I don't generally vaccuum very much". WTF? Anyways, I hope his ambition for me doesn't have anything to do with vaccuuming.

M swears he's going to divorce me over my housekeeping. I think it's fair to say he's bluffing.

Enough, Steff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home