Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ears!

I've got so many FOs, they're coming out of my ears! Not really. But isn't it funny how you'll feel like you're not getting anything d-o-n-e, done, and then suddenly, boom, boom boom. One after another, they start falling in to place and you're cooking with gas.* Anyway, I finished a baby sweater & hat that I had started, like, 6 months ago. I made it for my co-worker's first grandson. I know, all these people having 1st grands, I work with some old fogies. (Kidding, I kid!) Here it is. . . . . . .

Man, this whole picture thing is kinda aggravating. It never turns out the size or in the place that I think it will. Of course I am very un-computer literate (or is it computer il-literate) and am lucky I'm getting this good of a job done. Oh well....

The sweater was made with Bernat cotton-tots, 100% cotton baby yarn. Normally, I hate cotton yarn. And I hate cheap cotton yarn even more, but this wasn't so bad. Plus, she can throw it in the wash, although I cringe at the thought of putting anything I knit in the washing machine- felting was a traumatic experience for me. Anyhoo, I'm done and I found some yarn for my tank top so I'll be knitting on that for awhile. Oh, and I finally found a tape measure, even though I had to look for like an hour. And I own 40 jillion. I should own stock in Dritz with as many of those stupid things (and pins, and needles, and gadgets that I will never use, all because they are "notions", and everyone wants "notions", and they were half price! You gotta spend money to save money...) I have bought. I have this fear that all my lost tapes and onesie dpns are going to return to haunt my dying days. Curses!

C-ya!

*A torturous saying my grandmother would yell out at our high school softball games, and always at the wrong time. No, I can't possibly hit the ball, I'm too embarrassed by the woman jumping up and down talking about flatulence : !! Ah, those were the years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home