Friday, July 15, 2005

Sleep

So how do you get a three year old to stay in her own bed? I have no clue! At least 75% of the time she snuggles her squirmy little butt in my bed at around 5:00am and proceeds to crowd me until 7:30. I know the story about putting her back in her own bed right away, but she's been doing it for so long, and I'm so sleep deprived, that I don't wake up when she gets in bed anymore. (She could actually be getting in bed earlier and I'm sure I wouldn't know.) The fustrating thing is that I know she understands what she is doing, and that she shouldn't do it! A few weeks ago, I was s-i-c-k and my husband was out of town so I asked her to please not come to bed. She didn't. She knows. Oh well, what's a mom to do.

Anyhoo, on the knitty front, I have pictures of a Finished Object!!! It is a baby sweater that I made for one of the ladies at work. She is getting her first grand-daughter on Monday and she had asked me to make one for her. She asked that it be pink and soft. The yarn I used was a pima cotton/tencel blend. It was very soft and had a nice drape, but it was a pain to knit. It kept splitting and I was covered in fuzz when I was done. But she was thrilled with the results, and I have to say, 'Damn, did I make that?'. The pattern is from Sirdar and was not too hard to follow, although I like raglan sleeves better. One of these days I will figure out how to convert set in sleeves to raglan sleeves, maybe. Here's a close up of the openwork rib pattern.

Well, I must be off to the mines now.


C-ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home