Friday, July 22, 2005

On FOs and UFOs...


So, I have a finished object! It's the blue sweater with the funky arms. I eased them in and they look decent. I need to do a little more blocking to get rid of any bunching from the easing and find the right buttons- toggle, I think- and finish the one arm seam, but I'd call it done! The original pattern actually had stripes, but who needs 'em when you have some great self-striping yarn. It feels really yummy- 50% merino/50% microfiber. I can't wait for cooler weather.

The tank top is coming right along too. I've got the front done and it actually looks right- the armhole shaping seems good and I think it might actually fit, although a little loose. I ran out of yarn and my LYS is closed for vacation until Monday, so I'm on hold involuntarily. My munchkins have decided they want to knit. Actually, the little one has been begging for a while, but she's only 3 1/2. I got one of those crazy knitting looms today, and she's doing pretty good. I wrap the yarn around the pegs and she pushes it off with this dental pick looking thing. It's a little scary looking, but I'm always right next to her. She gets bored though. About one row is all she can handle before she wants a break. I think that once she actually gets far enough that it's looking like something, she'll be more interested. But she is only 3 1/2.


Here's a nugget of wisdom that my hubby found on e-bay. It is full of useful info for the traveller, like "How to cross a piranah-infested river" and "How to control a runaway camel". Of course my favorite is "How to foil a UFO abduction". Note the illustration to the right.
Click on it to make it bigger and read the great caption. The worst thing is that I'm sure he bought the book for exactly this part. Yeah, my big, bad hubby's worried about aliens, although not so much as he used to be. I think now it's mostly a sub-conscious thing. If he just pretends it's funny, it won't be scary. Okay, I hope he doesn't read that.

Well time to go rescue the dog from my evil 5 year old. I've decided all the odd numbered years are bad. Terrible twos? Yeah right, think about 3, 5, 11, 13, 15, and, OH NO, 17!

C-ya!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that! What a great book, and practical too! Sounds like something my partner would come home with, though he'd have pages blown up and posted about the house, you know, for saftey.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home