Thursday, March 02, 2006

Clarity

I just thought I should clarify, for the"record", why I call my husband The Man. He's a cop. He's also in the Air National Guard. (*Note: this is way more information than he would ever want me to share. He's very paranoid.) We both lean pretty far to the left on a lot of issues and that usually doesn't go well with his chosen profession. I think it's funny that he is so far away from what most people think of as "the man", yet he is "the man". He is also my personification (ooh, big words) of the archetypal man that society tells us we all need to find. (Look here, and here, and even here for examples.) So to me he is not only my man, but The Man. So, for future reference, if I am not calling him something derogatory, my husband is The Man.

Now, being a cop's wife you would think that I would have all kinds of crazy-ass stories to tell, right? Well, I do. But most of them involve drunk people in some sort of undress and they all tend to blend together after awhile. People are just generally stupid when they have had too much to drink. And they like to take off their clothes. And then get in the car and drive somewhere. And then hit 2-3 parked cars while they are out. And go to jail NAKED! You get the picture. They probably don't have this problem in New York or Chicago where most people walk instead of drive. Maybe there they run naked into the street to hail a taxi. But I bet they are better looking.

Poke me in the belly like the Pillsbury Doughboy, I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home