Sunday, February 05, 2006

Life

I've been thinking lately that I've been neglecting the blog. Not on purpose so much as subconsciously. I think about the blog quite a bit and all the great things I can write about, but then I realize not too many of those things have to do with knitting. Well, you say, get a stuff that doesn't pertain to knitting blog. Yes, that would work for someone that wasn't lazy with a cap L like me. That would entail posting to two different blogs and I know that one would go down the drain. So, by executive decision (meaning I was wearing work clothes at the time), I deem this my everything blog. What does that mean to you? Probably nothing. Ideally it means I will post more often, though not always about knitting. This is good, because then I won't be one of those "sorry there's no knitting content" bloggers. The guilt will be gone. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of knitting. I tend to go in cycles, though, and this time of the year has more to do with reading ten million books than knitting. For some reason, summer is my choice season for knitting (I openly admit that I am a bit backwards).

So what will my first guilt free post about anything be? The Man. He's driving me boinkers. We have been married ten years and together on & off for 15 and I have honestly never nagged him. He nags me, but I don't. If I'm stressed he might get a snap or a sarcastic prodding, but no nagging. Well, he started online classes this quarter towards his bachelor's degree(he has an associates) in criminal justice. Yay for him! He is in the Air National Guard and gets 100% tuition assistance plus the money he earned for the GI Bill while he was in the Navy. More than enough to pay for me to actually go back to school and get out of the retail hell that I am living right now. But, me being thirty and sensible now, I want to pay off our debt with the extra money first. This means waiting til fall quarter- AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T DROP OUT LIKE HE DID TWO YEARS AGO!!!!! Yeah, this has been a plan for a bit. So, I have officially become a nag. I ask him every day, "did you do your homework?" "Did you get your school stuff done?" "Do you have any stuff to do for school today?" Yes, a nag I am. I don't care. My ability to overcome my crappy, albeit self-imposed, job is directly linked to his success. What does he expect? I've put my brain in the closet for ten years and it is screaming to GET OUT. Nag, nag, nag. NAG!!!

Whew, got that out of my system. Hey, believe me, I am happy with my family. I love them dearly and wouldn't change a thing. But pushing sewing machines to little old ladies is not what I expected at thirty. The creative outlet of fiber arts that my job affords has helped a bit, but I'm bored. I'm apathetic to my sales numbers, which in retail is not a good thing. Maybe I just need a vacation-- a nice loooong one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home